To aid my super-serious scholarship/to satisfy my curiosity, please take a few minutes to fill out this questionnaire:
Assuming you read slash (non-canon, same-sex pairings) at least occasionally...
- Do you prefer slash to heterosexual (both canon and non-canon) pairings? Why or why not?
- Do you prefer slash to canon homosexual pairings? Why or why not?
- Do you have a preference between m/m pairings and f/f pairings?
- How much do you think your own orientation, gender and sexual experience affect your fanfic-reading preferences? Explain.
- Do you read gen fic of characters you slash? Do you read it more, less or about the same as fic with overt romance/sex? Why?
- How do you like sex in slash fic? Is explicit sex a pro or con?
- How did you get into slash and how old were you?
- Anything you’d like to share?